One of the more popular filters in our scanners are Min. probability of profit and Max. probability of loss. Both of these filters are presented in %.
Though it might be expected that these are complementary values, i.e. the sum of both would be 100% this isn't the case.
The reason is that these calculation are of the probability for Max loss and Max profit. The reminder between the max loss and the max profit is the probability to be in the middle of the spread (as described in the graph). The reason for this is to allow you better understanding on how much profit you can expect in each section.
Let's look on the following scan result:
This means that there is at least 50.02% to be profitable (the right side of the graph) and no more than 7.32% chance for the max lose (the left side of the grpah). The reminder - 42.66% is the middle part.